Cake Smash Session. Useful information before your photoshoot
Cake smash sessions are a great way to celebrate your baby's birthday and it’s very exciting to capture some truly amazing and fun photographs you will always have fun revisiting!
All you need to know is that these sessions are to capture your little one’s personality; their cute reactions to cake, sugar, and finally, bubbles. My attention is fully and only focused on them and I don’t take family or sibling portraits during these sessions. It’s all about the birthday boy or girl!
These sessions are by nature also a little unpredictable so please make sure you plan your baby’s session just after or well before his/her next nap. Tired babies or babies with a cold will not enjoy it much. Please let me know as soon as possible if your baby is unwell so we can reschedule.
Without a doubt, all cake smash photography sessions are the messiest ones! Don’t put your best clothes on, nor plan to meet anyone immediately after the session, because you may want to go back home, refresh yourself, and get changed!
Before you leave the house there are a few things you should pack and bring with you:
*clothes for your baby
* your baby's water bottle and a snack
* his/her favourite toy or something they can play with (if it's in the same colour tone to the setup, it’s even better, but not a problem if not. We will need to make sure we take it out while working on the set)
* his/her personal towel
* a pair of spare socks for you (in case you will stomp on a bit of cake or wet floor. You may want to change your socks before putting your shoes back on)
* an apron or an old t-shirt
* a bag for dirty/wet clothes